Easy Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream Recipe This mac and cheese ended up super cheesy and gooey and absolutely delicious. I chose three cheeses at random to sign up for the cream cheese and There’s no doubt that I picked the winning combination, it was so delicious. First I picked cheddar because It’s my job to obtain it inside fridge, and it appears to be what’s right to include within mac and cheese. Next I picked fontina because I enjoyed, it’s so creamy and flavorful, and yes it melts wonderfully. Finally I need to something with an even more unique flavor so To begin with . that something smoked sounded good. I finished up buying smoked mozzarella which There’s no doubt that was perfect. It added a hint of smokiness to your final dish without overpowering it. The smoky undertones within the mozzarella, the sharp bite belonging to the cheddar together with the creamy finish belonging to the fontina chose to make this supper recall for a long time.
I seemed to be invited for a pot luck supper recently to wish a pal a fond farewell as she goes back to live a life along with her family in South Africa. The hostess asked if Phoning bring a Macaroni and Cheese and I seemed to be all too very happy oblidge. I have many Mac and Cheese recipes and the only thing are really good, but this Sour Cream Mac and Cheese belongs to the best. Rich and cheesy…moreish even.
Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream Recipe
And it’s great hot or at room temperature, that makes it a really wonderful recipe to take for a covered dish supper.I made an inferior one for Todd and I to take pleasure from at another time while Possible reveal some photographs. Since of course…I couldn’t bring a dish for a supper that is dug into this also is delicious that I definitely would definitely dig for it to inform you how rich and delicious it really is…
This is really, really good. The sour cream adds some indulgence to your sauce…and of course, there may armloads of cheese on top of that…
Strong cheddar…half that gets tossed while using cooked and drained macaroni…and the additional half which gets melted into that rich and creamy sauce, along with many grated Parmesan…
It’s absolutely delicious and I wouldn’t think I have to explain (but I’m going to of course) my dish was brought home licked clean…I knew it’d be. ☺
*Sour Cream Mac and Cheese*
A delicious version of mac and cheese which has the richeness of sour cream and lots of tasty cheddar and Parmesan cheese! Love, LOVE.
- 230g of uncooked macaroni (2 cups)
- 125g of butter (1/2 cup)
- 70g of plain flour (1/2 cup)
- 425ml of milk (1 3/4 cup)
- 120g of sour cream (1 cup)
- 45g of grated Parmesan Cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 240g of grated strong cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F. gas mark 4. Have ready a 2 litre/quart baking dish, lightly buttered.
- Cook the macaroni in lightly salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain and rise well with cold water. Drain again. Toss together with 120g (1 cup) of the cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring for about a minute. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the sour cream, Parmesan, salt, pepper and mustard powder. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens. Stir in the remaining cheddar cheese, until melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over top of the macaroni. Bake, uncovered in the heated oven for 1 hour until bubbly and brown.
Note – If desired you can top with buttered bread crumbs for a bit of buttery crunch.
Incoming recipes :
- mac and cheese balls cheesecake factory price