Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Sweetened Condensed Milk | Hello readers, Jenny from Lucas Bistro Easton here. We imagine you enjoyed the rice casserole from last time! We are happy for being guest blogging for Lisa again. Just in time for fall, I have got a hassle-free
pumpkin pie recipe for you. We are proud to say that I’m a loyal follower in the “pumpkin-anything” craze: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin scented candles, pumpkin picking, pumpkin cheesecake and all things in between. Even if these days it is possible to virtually make anything pumpkin-flavored, you cant ever fail which has a classic—pumpkin pie. An old-fashioned dessert this good must be allowed to enjoy outside of Thanksgiving!
This Thanksgiving I made the decision it absolutely was finally time to create the pumpkin pie which has a crust from scratch. My pie making cheating days had to end along time ago (cheating within my world would be using a store-bought refrigerated pie crust). Convenience and pie dough making trepidation have been standing in the way of me finding the satisfaction out of making my own crust. Should the refrigerated pie crust dough I’ve been using all of these years have been good, I began when you consider’wouldn’t a homemade dough be better yet, it mat be great?’ Probably, right? So what’s the scariest thing which could happen if I couldn’t first build a knack for making a delicious pie crust? The easy fact is a somewhat deflated culinary ego and also a not so delicious pie. My ego have been bruised before and I have got made my share of recipes I’d personally rate as a single star. Hence the bar I have got set for myself most likely are not of up to I think it is.
This is actually the easiest pumpkin pie recipe ever and is made for beginners. This recipe is employing store-bought prepared pie crust and canned pumpkin puree. Of course, twenty-four hours a day take advantage of the homemade pie crust (I have a simple mixer pie crust recipe) and then make your individual pumpkin puree by grinding in the cooked fresh pumpkin, but store-bought ingredients is appropriate just great! You can use regular pie crust or graham cracker crust – graham cracker goes rather well with pumpkin!
Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Sweetened Condensed Milk
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Put pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the pie crust. Put in the oven on the bottom rack. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the pumpkin pie in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin pie in the oven and cool completely. Serve the pumpkin pie at room temperature. If serving the next day, keep the pumpkin pie in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature for an hour before serving.